Friday, July 27, 2012

Pilates, My Loves

Getting fit and healthy is part of everyone's lifestyle. I am not into skinny, thin or whatever they call it. Skinny doesn’t necessarily mean healthy; and in most cases, if you are ‘skinny’ you may not be healthy at all! I preferred my body tone, tighten and firm. Look at Bianca Gonzales ( pilates and yoga) , Iya Villania ( pilates and running) , Karylle (she run, does pilates and eat healthy )  and I just love Angel Locsin's voluptuous bod! ( dream on! ) ha ha.

They said I don't need to go to the gym because I only need toning ( roots) ha ha. I can lose or gain weight if I want to. And my Metabolic Age is 24. he he. If someone's metabolic age is lower than his or her actual age, it suggests that the body is in good health, while a metabolic age higher than the actual age indicates that someone may be experiencing health problems. Watch out guys! 

I've tried going to the gym years ago. I did cardio and toning. I got so buff,  my trainer said it's normal for starters. But, I stopped after 2 months because of my work schedule. I tried running at Pelaez Sports on my restdays too, due to change in my sched I stopped, never get the chance to run again.

So now, I decided to try Pilates.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PILATES
 Pilates is a body conditioning routine that seeks to build flexibility, strength, endurance, and coordination without adding muscle bulk.


 What are the benefits of Pilates? source
With regular committed Pilates workouts you can expect to:
• Improve strength, flexibility and balance
• Tone and build long, lean muscles without bulk
• Challenge deep abdominal muscles to support the core
• Engage the mind and enhance body awareness
• Condition efficient patterns of movement making the body less prone to injury
• Reduce stress, relieve tension, boost energy through deep stretching
• Restore postural alignment
• Create a stronger, more flexible spine
• Promote recovery from strain or injury
• Increase joint range of motion
• Improve circulation
• Heighten neuromuscular coordination
• Offer relief from back pain and joint stress
• Correct over-training of muscle groups which can lead to stress and injury
• Enhance mobility, agility and stamina
• Compliment sports training and develop functional fitness for daily life activity
• Improve the way your body looks and feels



Equipment
The fundamental Pilates workout can be performed on a Pilates mat alone, and great results can be achieved through beginner, intermediate and advanced move. 

How often should I do Pilates?Try to work out 2-4 times a week, taking a day off in between sessions to rest the body. This kind of regular, consistent practice will help you make the mind-body connection and integrate the various Pilates principles. However, some find the sessions too expensive, and do it just once weekly. That too is ok, although the results of course, will not be as fast. It is also best, if Pilates is done once a week, to maybe do something cardiovascular for another day or two in the week such as badminton, dancing, or whatever you enjoy, so that you are still exercising about 3 times a week.

 source 

The list of celebrities who do Pilates is almost endless, from Julia Roberts, Sharon Stone, Uma Thurman, Danny Glover, Liz Hurley, Gwyneth Paltrow, Sting and Madonna to Martin Amis, John Cleese and Ian McKellen.

Madonna is probably the most famous and devoted Pilates practitioner, but many other familiar faces are showing up in Pilates studios.

Gisele Bundchen, whose amazing body has earned her well over $38 million a year, keeps her body looking great with diet and exercise, including surfing, Pilates, yoga and dancing.

• “I do a lot of Pilates. An immense amount of Pilates.” - Megan Fox star of “Transformers” Immense? I can't do that! ha ha

• “I do Pilates now, early in the morning. It wakes you up, and it’s kind of refreshing.” - Ashley Greene star in the “Twilight” movie franchise. I really like Ashley Greene. She's so pretty. he he 

source


I just started doing Pop Pilates at home. Since it requires a proper step and procedure. I found a fitness website called http://www.blogpilates.com/. It's a personal site by Cassy Ho, a popular pop Pilates Trainer.
Cassy Ho
Read more about her here .


 Blogilates Workout Calendar.

You have to sign up for the free calendar.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's consist of new Challenges and daily Workouts  ( Legs, Upper Body, Butt, Full Body, Abs- Core and Cardio). You get to rest on Sundays! he he. You can find workout videos from her Website or Youtube.

I'll try it for a month. ☺

x

No comments:

Post a Comment